We answered the call.
This campaign for Standing Rock Fortification is part of our partner organizations' ongoing effort to educate our community about the need to divest from fossil fuels, to cultivate sustainable energy options and to protect our shared resources.
We will train and support activists to fortify the camp in North Dakota with supplies, with people, and with financial support. Additionally, we will provide opportunity for folks to move in action in solidarity with our sisters and brothers here in the Inland Empire.
Two-spirit artist, Damien Mountain has donated authorized prints of his original painting, "The Importance of Water" for contributions made to support this campaign. A local unveiling ceremony will take place on December 18th as we join together to send off a local delegation to Standing Rock for a two-week stay through the holidays in North Dakota.
How you can help:
- MOST NEEDED right now are funds to help winterize the medic stations at camp. Make a tax deductible donation directly to the Standing Rock Medic & Healer Council Your donation is tax deductible and processed through our fiscal sponsor, the Florida School of Holistic Living (501c3) https://medichealercouncil.com/donate/
- Purchase items from our Amazon Wishlist
- LOCALLY: You can drop supplies with San Bernardino Valley College Progressives at CC-145, Lib-147 and Lib-210
- If shipping via US Postal Service: Medic Healer Council, PO BOX 1251, Bismarck, ND 58502
- If shipping via UPS or FedEX: Medic Healer Council, ATTN: Michael, 220 E Rosser Ave, #1251, Bismarck, ND 58502
Local Partner Organizations
Chicano Indigenous Community for Culturally Conscious Advocacy and Action or CHICCCAA is a grassroots cooperative committed to educating and implementing Chicano Indigenous philosophies and ideologies into the modern society that surrounds our community here in the Inland Empire. (https://www.facebook.com/ChICCCAA)
Uniting Peace With Actions Respect and Dignity or UPWARD has a mission to unite individuals and organizations at a local, national, and global level which share the common goals of peace with justice. They network, collaborate, participate, and promote non-violent actions creating dignity, human rights, health, well-being, environmental sustainability, and world peace. (http://unitingpeace.wixsite.com/upward)
SIERRA CLUB METRO COMMITTEE
A local chapter of the national organization, the Sierra Club Metro Committee is here to listen to your concerns on environmental impact issues for San Bernardino, Riverside and the Inland Empire. (https://www.facebook.com/SierraClubMetro)
SAN BERNARDINO VALLEY COLLEGE PROGRESSIVES
To inform & unite our community on issues that affect us directly & move people to action.